MaxUpgrades offers MaxConnect Lite, a CPU Bay internal storage expansion assembly for G5 Power Macs. MaxConnect Lite is made of PolyAcetal a ThermoPlastic known for its high strength and stiffness. MaxConnect Lite, a CPU Bay internal storage expansion assembly enables three additional hard disk drives to be housed in the lower CPU bay.
• MaxConnect Lite disk drive attachment brackets are machined from single piece PolyAcetal.
• Four bolt hard disk drive attachment of the disk drive to the drive bracket for maximum reliability and safety.
• The brackets are designed to expose maximum area of the attached drive for heat dissipation without sacrificing strength and rigidity.
• The disk drive brackets also provide with two guide pins for quick removal and attachment of the disk drive assembly to the base plate, a useful feature provided to mount and unmount disk drives to the base plate during installation or servicing, unlike press fitting directly to the base plate.
• Two bolts securely attach disk drives with brackets to the base plate.
|New MaxConnect for Power Macintosh G5 PCI Express Series|
To power the additional three hard disk drives in the lower CPU Bay, optional custom power cables are included that splits power from the optical drive connector, power from the optical drive bay is routed into the lower CPU Bay via power cable that provides power to the three additional drives via standard hard disk 4-pin connector.
Please click to see the Aluminum version of MaxConnect Internal storage mounting assembly for the G5 Power Macs
To tap the full potential of G5 Power Mac to obtain faster data transfer rates, along with MaxConnect disk drive mounting assembly the following is also needed.
SATA PCI-X Card that adds two, four or eight independent data channels to the G5 Power Macs, each channel can pump up to 60 MB/s or more data from the main storage subsystem of the G5 Power Mac to the CPU.
SATA Data Cables to connect the PCI-X card Data Channels to the disk drives installed in CPU or Optical Bay.
Power Cables to provide power to the disk drives housed in the Optical or the CPU Bay.
|MaxConnect Lite P/N||MaxConnect Lite with Optional Parts|
|SZ-MCCPUBAY3PAC0||MaxConnect Lite CPU Bay Disk Drive Mounting Assembly Only [PolyAcetal]
|SZ-MCCPUBAY3PAC1||MaxConnect Lite CPU Bay Disk Drive Mounting Assembly [PolyAcetal] w/ Power Cables
|SZ-MCCPUBAY3PAC2|| MaxConnect Lite CPU Bay Disk Drive Mounting Assembly [PolyAcetal] w/ SATA Data Cables/ Power Cables
|SZ-MCCPUBAY3PAC3|| MaxConnect Lite CPU Bay Disk Drive Mounting Assembly [PolyAcetal] w/ SATA PCI-X Controller/SATA Data Cables/ Power Cables
The result below gives a comparison of data transfer rates of stock G5 Power Mac disk drive versus, four SATA disk drive striped RAID 0. Test is run on Power Macintosh G5 2GHz Dual (June 2004 Model) with four internal ports SATA PCI-X Card (4 Independent Data Channels) installed in PCI-X slot 2 of the G5 Power Mac.